Despite only being active for 8 years, the Latin Cup was probably the top inter-country club competition of the post war period. As its name suggests, the competition was only open to the league winners of the Latin European countries of Italy, Spain, Portugal and France.
It was first held in 1949 and ran until 1957. The quality of the clubs involved, mixed in with the novel country v country rivalry and surprisingly large attendances, made it a good blue-print for the subsequent European Cup.
|1953||Stade de Reims||France|