Top Footballing Quotes sorted by People
- "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one." Reviewing his illustrious career.
- "We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right." Dealing with disruptive players the Cloughie way.
- "Manchester Utd in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhoea." After Man Utd chose to compete in the World Club Championships instead of the FA Cup.
- "For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn't got two of what I've got. And I don't mean balls." Mocking Fergie's European Cup record.
- "I bet their dressing room will smell of garlic rather than liniment over the next few months" Cloughie was not too impressed with the amount of French players signed by Arsenal.
- "Players lose you games, not tactics. There's too much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win a game of dominoes." On England's dismal failure at Euro 2000.
- "He's a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in the mirror rather than looking at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that." Cloughie ponders the qualities of the ravishing David Seaman and his lovely ponytail.
- "Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper, has got to be a genius." When asked about his views on his former player Martin O'Neill.
- "I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard" Referring to the time Roy Keane under-hit a back-pass in 1991.
- "I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball - he might grab mine." Cloughie talks about the number of foreign players in the league.
- Don't worry - I wasn't looking at a goalkeeper!" Sheffield Wednesday manager Alan Irvine after telling local reporters that he'd been on a scouting trip to Scotland to watch the 6:6 draw between Motherwell and Hibernian in May 2010.
Click on the sections below for our other top footballing quotes sections...